Friday, July 30, 2010

Oh Yeah, My Infants Were Bloggers Too




As you may or may not know my mom, at Dawn's Daybreak, made me start this blog.   If there is an award for dorkiest blogger, I'm pretty sure I won it right there.  But its true.  Blogging is a family affair.  Before I blogged, Mackenzie tappa tappa tappa'd at the keyboard all the live long day.  Her blog was called The Kenzie Chronicles, and not only was she a gifted little one year old prodigy, but she was frickin' adorable.  I just read some of her posts, and chuckled and cried a little because now that wee baybeh is almost five years old.  Read all about her pleas for psychiatric medication, and that time we went on a field trip that was almost the last field trip ever taken.



That mohawk finally toppled over around 5 months.






Later, not about to be outdone by his older sister, Jack began the Jack Journals.  I would give you specific examples of his work, but that would be redundant since his blog is only a page long.  Once he learned to move, he gave up his internet career, and followed his dream of getting into stuff, and  laughing in the face of childproofing.









*guess what's awesome? I just hit publish by accident before I was done.*

*Ahem*

Word.

Here we go!
Okay now!
Yadda, yadda, yadda and then my mom sort of insisted that I start a blog too, and keep up with the family tradition of word play on first names and dude. Do you have any idea how many inappropriate things rhyme with Britt? No, I'm gonna give you a second... So, that's why Britt was out, and Brittainy it was, and what the heck else rhymes with Brittainy but litany? There you have it, three generations of blogging up in this piece.

This was supposed to be a post for True Story Tuesday. The one time I ever write a blog post in advance and something bad happens. I may have fooled some of you into thinking that I know what I'm doing, but no. I have no idea how to recover from publishing a half finished post by accident, and all that frantic editing made me thirsty.  *Clink*
So peace out.
Until next time, Internets.

*uncomfortable pause*

*backing slowly away*

*waving awkwardly*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand scene.

27 comments:

Angie St Denis said...

LOL! Gawd, I'm glad my kids don't blog...daahhhlin daughter tells EVERYTHING!!

Aly said...

You may be my favorite blogger evah

Eva Gallant said...

Your little ones are adorable! Thanks for following my blog! I hope you enjoy the ride!

Dawn said...

You should have called me. I would have told you how to fix it. :)

FabuLeslie said...

The veil and the mohawk are both great. Your kids really know their headwear! Cute!!

Holly B said...

Adorable children and the veil.. ups the cute factor by 100!

LitanyofBritt said...

Now you tell me!

LitanyofBritt said...

Thanks, woman! :)

LitanyofBritt said...

She hasn't updated her blog in a looooong time. Thankfully.

LitanyofBritt said...

Thanks!

LitanyofBritt said...

I miss that little mohwak.

LitanyofBritt said...

Thanks!

joannmannix said...

Oh, I have done that so many times, posted in the middle of a post and then I just freak because why? I am not sure. Anyway, that little veiled princess in her diaper is just utter gorgeousness and that hair. I. Love. It.

I sure hope we are ok. I'm feeling so terribly bad about the misunderstanding. You are so nicey nice and I thought I was being all funny fun when I called you that bad word. Sorrrry. I don't do sad faces with my punctuation or I'd send you one.

LitanyofBritt said...

OMG no worries! Srsly. Mwah!

alabaster cow said...

i'm a premature publisher too. i take a pill for it.

and you're the alabastard of the week! which means you've won something. eh, i wouldn't get too excited....

http://alabastercow.com/2010/08/alabastard-week/

Jess said...

That outfit...is...AWESOME! I have one just like it! Not really. But if I did, I would totally sport it! Thanks for stopping by my place the other day!!

imperfect momma said...

Love the pictures! I especially love the mohawk :). His monkeyness had one until about...wait...he still kinda has one. LOL. Mostly mom induced of course. Been there done that btw, post before I was done. Sucks majorly, but I think you recovered from it.....rather....nicely? LOL

The Drama Mama said...

PSSSST I have something for you!

Margaret (nannygoats) said...

Oh Thank GAWD I'm not the only one accidentally pushing buttons around here.

LitanyofBritt said...

Right there with ya, girlfriend.

LitanyofBritt said...

I loved! Thanks, Mama!

LitanyofBritt said...

HAHA!
I miss that wee mohawk. Was so fitting to his personality.

LitanyofBritt said...

I would wear it to the grocery store.

Mighty M Family said...

Visiting via Nanny Goats.....I like your blog. Our kids are the same age. I wish I could say I was 28, but sadly that is so 2002. My mom, and both of my sisters started blogs after I did. :)

Ratz said...

Oh God, i just read this post.... And i am LOLing..... I am so darn sure that my future kids will blog as well....

LitanyofBritt said...

I'm thinking I have to abandon my hope of staying 28 forever. The gray hair gives is away every time.

LitanyofBritt said...

I have to remember to burn my blog before the kids get a chance to read it.