Monday, August 2, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

Although I don't wish it were Sunday, because tonight Secret Life Of The American Teenager is on.  I realize this means that I have just pissed away whatever cool points survived after my last post, but truth be told, I haven't missed an episode.  The acting is bad, the content is totally unrealistic, and the character development is non-existant, but I can't stop watching.   Honestly, I don't care for any of the characters except for Adrienne and Ricky, and of course Amy's mom who is played by Molly Ringwald.  I should probably quit right here, and accept the fact that there is not another adult on this planet who watches that show, and probably very few teenagers.   But it is what it is, and until Grey's Anatomy reclaims its place as my TV love of the week, SLOTAT it is. 

In other news, in spite of my dwindling cool points,  some people still publicly profess their love for me on their blogs, which is akin to saving me a seat with the popular kids in a high school cafeteria.  If I went to highschool, otherwise that would be really creepy.  I'm really screwing this post up.  And my head hurts.  I blame this guy.

But I digress.



The talented, and nice-ass having EricKa, over at Alabaster Cow has named me Alabastard of the Week, which is a great honor, and maybe moved my coolness back up a notch.  You should check her blog out if you haven't already, because she will make throaty, laughy sounds come out of you.
 

Also, my bloggity friend Drama Mama over at The Scoop On Poop has bumped my coolness up one more time with a new blog award, and she has also passed along The Duct Tape Award For Bloggy Goodness, and The Chupacabra Award For Excellence, and people are pretending to be excited about them, and that gives me a fuzzy feeling inside, and thus i chuckle.  If you haven't visited her yet, you're missing out, Yo.   Plus, everytime someone visits her, a unicorn is born.  I would imagine.

And now, five random things about me that you didn't know you needed to know until just now, mainly because I was supposed to do this several awards ago:

1.  I was hit by a car at my best friend's birthday party when I was a kid, and was mad about it ruining   our sleepover plans.

2.  I named my daughter Mackenzie, because it sounds pretty, and also because it means "child of the wise leader."

3. When I was pregnant,  I was afraid my son's name translated to "satanic cult leader," but thankfully my mom assured me it meant "dark haired little one," and she forwarded to me the three specific sources I cried for.  (Jack is blonde.  Just sayin'.)

4. I pretty much suck at making lists like this.

5.  Pumpernickle is german for "devil's fart."  (See 4.)

Enjoy those morsels of bloggy randomness, Internets.  And maybe next time get that turkey club on rye.

23 comments:

Mungee's Ma said...

Secret Life is set to record weekly on my DVR. And somehow even DH has gotten sucked in to watching it. Muah ah ah ah ah.

Ah.

joannmannix said...

My dad's name was Jack and we have, like no boys in our grandchildren, and so there was this race in my family to conceive a boy (not freakin me, though) and to name him Jack. Our nephew Jack is blonde haired and blue eyed and I am so glad he won't have to live up to his name and become a satanic cult leader. I'm not sure what he's going to do about the hair.

If I gave out awards, I'd give you one for Camel Toe Princess Finder of Fun And Closet Watcher Of All Things Cheesy Teen Showish And Blogger Extraordinaire. Or something to that effect. But you know what I speak of.

I am still waiting on Chup. Laundry Chup. I finally had to break down and do some of his damn work. *Sigh*

Alexandra said...

congrats! I always wanted to call someone an alabastard!

Glad it could be you...xoxoxoxo

mrsblogalot said...

You are flying off the cool meter charts girl!!!! Congrats and I disagree... you are an excellent list maker!!!!

Kristy said...

I totally connect with your humor - you are not the only one who thinks you are funny. Is there a difference between llama, yak, and alpaca? Anyways, love that pic! And, also fart talk. Fart talk is good. Can't go wrong. Congrats on your awards!!!

Margaret (nannygoats) said...

Pumpernickle is german for "devil's fart."

Well, I know these lists can be fun because sometimes you learn something about someone you thought you knew so well, and I have to say, I definitely never knew this about you.

wombatcentral said...

I passed along the fab Duct Tape award to a bunch of people, and they were McLovin' it. Extra cool points for you.

imperfect momma said...

Ok...looks like it didnt take my comment. While your cool points did dwindle a tad I hafta say congrats on...all your accomplishments (sorry dont wanna write it all again). So now instead of being as cool as Bono your only as cool as.....um.....someone less cool? Dang...who is less cool than Bono but cooler than J.Lo? hahahaha....just made myself laugh.

LitanyofBritt said...

Alf? I'm gonna go with Alf.

LitanyofBritt said...

Thanks for stopping by! Little Brittainy *is* pretty cute isn't she? haha

LitanyofBritt said...

That's McAwesome.

LitanyofBritt said...

I'm full of surprises. hehe

LitanyofBritt said...

Thanks, Woman! I make a mean shopping list too.

LitanyofBritt said...

A girl after my own heart. xD

LitanyofBritt said...

As am I, my friend. As am I.

LitanyofBritt said...

Thanks. And Jacks are the best!

LitanyofBritt said...

Still debating about yesterday's blog fodder.

LitanyofBritt said...

I was mad about Izzie and George's affair, and almost quit. But I can't stay mad at Greys.

LitanyofBritt said...

My Jack was the second boy in my family in 110 years. I lol'd at Camel Toe Princess Finder Of Fun.
I don't know whatever happened to Chup. Someone must have given him a sock.

LitanyofBritt said...

YAY! I'm pretty sure we are BFF's now.

alabaster cow said...

Did I hear correctly that Bristol Palin did a cameo? Snort. Snort. Snort. But I watch jersey shore so who am I to judge?

And I make all sorts of sounds come out of people.

Mungee's Ma said...

So when did Amy become all mature-ish?

LitanyofBritt said...

She did! Acting is not her thing. Just sayin