In other news, in spite of my dwindling cool points, some people still publicly profess their love for me on their blogs, which is akin to saving me a seat with the popular kids in a high school cafeteria. If I went to highschool, otherwise that would be really creepy. I'm really screwing this post up. And my head hurts. I blame this guy.
But I digress.
The talented, and nice-ass having EricKa, over at Alabaster Cow has named me Alabastard of the Week, which is a great honor, and maybe moved my coolness back up a notch. You should check her blog out if you haven't already, because she will make throaty, laughy sounds come out of you.
Also, my bloggity friend Drama Mama over at The Scoop On Poop has bumped my coolness up one more time with a new blog award, and she has also passed along The Duct Tape Award For Bloggy Goodness, and The Chupacabra Award For Excellence, and people are pretending to be excited about them, and that gives me a fuzzy feeling inside, and thus i chuckle. If you haven't visited her yet, you're missing out, Yo. Plus, everytime someone visits her, a unicorn is born. I would imagine.
And now, five random things about me that you didn't know you needed to know until just now, mainly because I was supposed to do this several awards ago:
1. I was hit by a car at my best friend's birthday party when I was a kid, and was mad about it ruining our sleepover plans.
2. I named my daughter Mackenzie, because it sounds pretty, and also because it means "child of the wise leader."
3. When I was pregnant, I was afraid my son's name translated to "satanic cult leader," but thankfully my mom assured me it meant "dark haired little one," and she forwarded to me the three specific sources I cried for. (Jack is blonde. Just sayin'.)
4. I pretty much suck at making lists like this.
5. Pumpernickle is german for "devil's fart." (See 4.)
Enjoy those morsels of bloggy randomness, Internets. And maybe next time get that turkey club on rye.